Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Questionable Chronology

I don't know if you've noticed, but the chronology I have laid out in some of the posts is somewhat skewered. I seem to be jumping back and forth quite a lot. This is true.
It is mainly because my recollection of the time I spent at Columbia Presbyterian (I'm soooooo proud that I know how to spell Presbyterian!) is a little fuzzy, and the first week or two are even fuzzier. So I'm relying a lot on what other people are telling me (Chayie and Blimie, mostly) and by the time I figure out what happened when, I've already posted it out of order. Does that make sense? Do you care? Of course you don't. Know how I know you don't? Because you're not even out there; no one is reading this farkakteh blog! It's okay, I'm not insulted. I'm doing this for myself. It gives me something to do when Judge Judy's not on. It's theraputic. It's cathartic. It's...okay, maybe I'm a little insulted. Know how I know no one reads it? Because no one comments on it! I think I should write something totally outrageous and see if anyone comments on it. Hmmmm...okay, here's a riddle (apropos of nothing): why did the chicken cross East 12th Street? First person who posts a comment with the correct answer gets a prize. Something personal that has special sentimental value to me, a tangible reminder of my journey through the wonderful world of health care. One of my old urinals, perhaps. Or a trach cannula that still holds a trace of sputum. Or maybe...yeah, that's it! An 8x10 glossy of the almost world famous picture of my Guinness-Book-of-Records sized Hemotoma (photo by Yehuda Lieberman). Definitely suitable for framing. Honestly, I do believe that will be worth a pretty penny someday. Okay, now prove me wrong: I want comments!

6 comments:

  1. BTW. I already have the picture. I want carvel! Just joking. I'm on a diet. OK, you owe me one. Come to think of it, you owe me alot more than one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What makes you so sure your answer is correct?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't see too many other ppl commenting and taking a stab at it.

    ReplyDelete