Search This Blog

Sunday, January 23, 2011

It's My Party And I'll Speak If I Want To


Me, going to the bathroom.
The hard way.
Me speaking.
Duvy speaking.
It's been a week since the Seudas Hoda'ah. I waited to post about it till I got the pictures. I have a whole bunch of shots that I'd love to use. Unfortunately, whoever at Google wrote the program for entering photographs on a blog did a really lousy job. There have been times that I've literally spent hours trying to get photos or graphics where I want them. First I thought maybe it's just me, but I checked and there are dozens of other frustrated bloggers complaining about the same thing. So I usually only use two pictures per post, three tops, and I almost always wind up positioning them in the same places (the upper right and left corners) because that's where the program gives me the least amount of aggita. I'm gonna try to use four, count 'em, four photos in this post! We'll see how it goes. Well, the Seudah was a smashing success. For a while beforehand I regretted the venue I had chosen; KD is not exactly the classiest establishment around. But my fears were unfounded; they did a great job. The food was good and it was fresh and the service was fine, too. As the saying goes, a good time was had by all. I should have waited till I got home to take my Lasix. I was sitting at the dais and was blocked in on both sides so I wound up crawling under the table to go to the Little Boys' Room. Paul the Fireman, our photographer for the night, insisted on capturing it for posterity (see above). I had three speakers scheduled: Leibie, Duvy and me.  And I?  Whatever. Leibie called me Sunday morning and told me he wasn't speaking. I didn't mind. Sometimes, especially when it comes to speeches, less is more. Duvy was his usual reliable self. He was funny, he was charming, he was brief. I wish he would realize how good he is. Then it was my turn. I think I surprised everyone by being serious for the most part. Yes, I threw in some humor, but mostly I talked about my journey and how it has affected me and how grateful I am, to G-d but also to all those who worried about me and prayed for me. Another thing I wanted to mention is the Thing On My Head. Yes, I know I've become somewhat paranoid about my health lately, and, I believe understandably so. There is, however, this Thing On My Head that has been bothering me for some time. Well, when I looked over the pictures, I saw the Thing On My Head quite clearly. I circled it in the picture below, but I think it's too small to see, so I guess you'll just have to trust me, like the guy in the Geico radio ad talking about a rolling stone gathering no moss. Think I should see a Dermatologist?  That's about the only "ologist" I haven't seen this year.  Also while perusing the photos, I noticed that my teeth are as bad as I thought and I'm fatter than I realized. I'm also not too happy with my lack of hair, but I'm kind of used to that. Maybe when we sell the house, I'll buy myself some hair and some cosmetically enhanced teeth. I'll bet that would set me back a pretty penny. But then again, now that I'm officially an Old Fart, what would be the point? To be a younger looking, more handsome version of myself for the Chevra Kadisha*?


* Chevra Kadisha = Jewish organization in charge of preparing the body for burial.

The Thing On My Head.
(circled)




1 comment:

  1. o goodness. when you mentioned the thing on your head i was sure you were refering to that bump that looks suspiciously like a tumor -- i'd be more worried about that. but what do i know.

    ReplyDelete