Search This Blog

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hip, Hip Hooray!


Hip.
 Did you know you can do a word
search on this blog? For instance,
More Hip.
if you put the word "bird" in the search box, all the posts in which I used that word will come up.
Isn't that fascinating? Well, if you put the word "hip" in the box, you'll see that I've already discussed my hip woes on January 16th, my birthday, in the aptly titled post, "Happy Birthday To Me". That's the one where I start kretchzing about various and sundry aches and pains which have suddenly begun to pop up. There were my shoulder and my legs and my elbow and my neck. Well, the one that seems to have stuck is my left hip. That's the same side as the drop foot. Coincidence? I think not. What I think is happening is that I'm over-compensating somehow for my slightly dragging foot and thereby putting more pressure on my hip. Does that make sense? I'm not in excruciating pain, mind you, but it hurts just enough to let me know it's there. So I made an appointment with an orthopedist. I'm happy about that because it's my first doctor who's not an "ologist". I don't trust very many doctors in Brooklyn anymore, so I decided to get a Manhattan doctor. I called Echo, one of the Jewish medical referral organizations, and they gave me the name of a Doctor Harwin. I called and spoke to a very nice lady who lives in Brooklyn named Denise. I asked her if she was related to DeNephew. I'm very clever, you know. They're on Park Avenue between 79th and 80th, about ten blocks south of Dr. DePalo. So I figured maybe the guy is affiliated with Mt. Sinai, too. Uh-uh. Beth Israel. Yikes! Their Brooklyn counterpart tried to kill me, remember? But since this guy came highly recommended, and since this (hopefully) will not entail a hospital admission, I guess I'm probably safe. I know, I know: famous last words. Walking is somewhat overrated anyway, don't you think?
Hipwoes.



6 comments:

  1. have you seen a physical therapist? a good one may really be able to help with all this stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, but the other day I ate a banana.

    ReplyDelete
  3. have you seen a psychiatrist? never mind, there's nobody out there qualified to heal the likes of you. btw, i don't get the hipwoes joke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, several. They all said I'm very special.

    ReplyDelete