Search This Blog

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Zelig

I've mentioned Zelig and Hatzoloh a few times in previous posts. Hatzoloh is a volunteer ambulance service that operated in several different Jewish neighborhoods. All members are either Emergency Medical Technicians (E.M.T.s) or Paramedics. Their average response time is quite remarkable; call them and they'll usually be at your door within four or five minutes. Zelig lives across the street from Chayie, and he's one of the head honchos of Hatzoloh of Flatbush. This is a short post just to publicly give kudos to one of the unsung heroes of my recovery. Zelig bent the rules for me not once, but twice. Hatzoloh of Flatbush ambulances typically bring the patient to one of the local hospitals like Maimonides or Methodist. Or, if the patient is an idiot, Beth Israel. Zelig arranged for me to be brought to Mt. Sinai twice. He also lent me his pulse oximeter. Every time I tried to give it back he said "keep it as long as you need it. When you feel 100% okay, you can give it back." He was also the first person to diagnose my Atrial Fibrillation. He's a quiet, unassuming guy who did a lot behind the scenes to try and get me well. Just want to go on record here and let everyone know how much I appreciate it.



6 comments:

  1. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. which one of those guys is supposed to be zelig? or am i just stupid....again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome, Geezer! How did you find my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Sur?
    That picture is from a Woody Allen movie named "Zelig" in which the protagonist (played by Woody) is a quiet, unassuming little man named Zelig who is a kind of human chameleon. He blends into whatever situation in which he finds himself, whether it be mingling with presidents or hobnobbing with Indian chiefs. It was a bizarre little film, albeit fairly well received.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well see...i'm just stupid again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FYI: You are one of the brightest people I know!

    ReplyDelete