Search This Blog

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Bump in the Road #5

I managed to stay home for a couple weeks without incident, so I was finally starting to believe that perhaps all the little detours on my road to recovery were over.  Alas, it was not to be.  On a Saturday night (when else?),  my breathing was not all that bad, but my heart felt really funky.  I think everyone gets palpitations occasionally, but this was something else entirely.  The heartbeat just felt...erratic.  A pulse oximeter not only measures your sats but your heart rate as well.  So I stuck the little sucker on my finger and waited to see the reading.  My heart rate was all over the place.  It went from 74 to 132 to 81 to 186 to 99, back and forth with absolutely no discernible rhyme or reason.  Chayie called Zelig Gitelis, head of Hatzoloh of Flatbush.  He lives across the street, and he came right over.  He said it looked like Atrial Fibrillation, A.K.A. A-Fib.  Basically it means that the rhythm of the heart has gone haywire.  Another trip to Mt. Sinai, Zelig?  Absolutely, Rocky.  Well, I figured, at least this time I get to avoid the Lasix.  Right?

4 comments:

  1. yuck that road makes me nauseous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I don't think it's real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol it better not be totally would give me nightmares
    i dont get this think how did you know i commented on old posts
    and how do i know when you comment back? do i have to got hru each of them again? not that theyre not fun to see again it just gets confusing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just scroll back and check 'em, but then again, I have no life!

    ReplyDelete