Search This Blog

Monday, September 6, 2010

We Interrupt This Blog...

In case you haven't noticed, I haven't posted anything since September 1st. Today's the 6th. I usually post at least once a day. So you're probably wondering why I've been shirking my posting duties with hundreds of cyber-followers out there waiting for the next installment with bated breath.
Baited Breath
Yes, that's how you spell it. It's bated breath, not baited breath. I checked on Dictionary.com. Bated breath comes from Abated breath. Not to be confused with rebated breath, which is something you hold while waiting for your $3.00 check from Rite-Aid to show up. By the way, don't you think it's ironic that I've used the word breath six times already in this post and it has nothing to do with my breathing? You don't? Well, I think it's very ironic. Would you like an example of
Ironic
something ironic? I thought you might. Well, the picture to the right is quite ironic, don't you think? I guess birds aren't as smart as I thought. Or maybe they just don't like to follow rules. And while we're on the subject of irony, Most of the things mentioned in Alanis Morissette's song, "Isn't It Ironic" are not ironic at all; they would fall under the catagory of coincidence, not irony. Okay, here's a contest. This is a three-part contest. Isn't that exciting? Ready? Okay, here goes:
Part One: Name the other two blog posts in which I used a picture of a fish.
Part Two: Name the other seven blog posts in which I used a picture of a bird.
Part Three: Name another song whose title is made up of three words that begin with the letter "I", like "Isn't It Ironic".
Anyone who gets all three right wins a Lexus from Premier Lexus of the Bronx*, but it's a clutch and it's a really ugly shade of ochre. Oh, and you have to go to the Bronx to pick it up. Good luck, eveyone!

PS Silly me, I forgot to tell you why I haven't posted lately! Well, I haven't posted lately because I'm up to the part where I go to Richmond University Medical Center in Staten Island, and for some strange reason I hardly remember anything about it. Kalman was there with me for the first two days (it was Passover) and I've tried to ask him about it several times but thus far we haven't been able to align our busy schedules. Today is Labor Day and I have the day off, and I'm assuming he does too, so maybe we can finally sit down and chat.

*Fine Print Disclaimer:
We are in no way responsible for the veracity of this statement. If you win the contest, chances are you won't get diddly-squat. Come on, you didn't think we were serious, did you?? Boy, are you gullible! Don't you know that when something seems too good to be true, it invariably is? Okay, okay, if you absolutely insist, maybe we can spring for a bag of chips or something.

2 comments:

  1. well it seems you're desparate for comments so here goes,
    FISH - gasp, huffing puffing and panting
    BIRD - Oscar, jinji 1, jinji 2, blueberry - sunshine, an offer i couldn't refuse, pumpkin, russel (also i go to a pulmonologist features a duck, Nisht Ahin Nisht Aherr features an almost chucken, and waking up is hard to do features a penguin -- all birds)
    SONG - Beatles - i feel fine, i me mine, i need you, i want you, i'm so tired, i'm only sleeping, i'll be back, if i fell, i'll cry insteaf (and that's just the beatles)
    WHERE'S MY CAR?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two things: 1. The song has to have three "I's" in the title, like "Isn't It Ironic".
    2. You, young lady, need to get a life!

    ReplyDelete