Search This Blog

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Don't Ask, Don't Tell

                                                                                         I met a doctor at Mt. Sinai during my first B.I.T.R.* who was a very nice, very young, very friendly guy. We hit it off immediately and became good buddies. In fact, he asked to be assigned to me as my attending physician. I decided to write a post about him, detailing some of the personal stuff we shmoozed about. Then I realized that there was a possibility, albeit remote, that by doing so I could get him in trouble. So being the nice guy that I am, I called him (he had given me his cell number). I explained that I had a blog and that I wanted to include him. I offered to send him a draft of the post before I actually put it online. I said I wouldn't use it until he okayed it. I emailed it and waited for a response. Nothing. I waited some more. Still nothing. After a while I texted him. No response. I left a message on his voicemail. No luck. Okay, I thought, he's angry. I waited and waited and waited and never heard from him again. I was surprised because he really didn't seem like the type of guy who's feathers would be ruffled so easily. I was also disappointed because I really liked him. All this took place back in July. Well, just for fun I texted him again last week: "Are you still mad at me?" Here's his response, verbatim: "I was never mad, dude. I just was very busy and couldn't tell u it. Hey I got some things to do but ill call u later." I was so happy that he called me "dude". No one has ever called me dude before. It made me feel cool for about twenty seconds. Then I realized that this guy texts like a fifteen year-old girl, right down to his atrocious grammar. Then I remembered that he was once in charge of my medical care. Then I thanked G-d for not only letting me survive my pneumonia, but letting me survive my doctor, too.

PS  His post will follow.

* B.I.T.R. = Bump In The Road

3 comments:

  1. hope rivky doesnt read this
    the old lady picture is cute, she looks like a real gossip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting even when there's not much to say; it makes me feel like someone's actually reading this stuff!

    ReplyDelete